Tuesday, March 27, 2007

mini's at it again...


...this time with digital billboards in a few cities that are personalized to owners that drive by- the new york times reported.

it is set off by chips in the keyfabs and the boards read custom messages about you or your car.

"The messages are personal, based on questionnaires that owners filled out: “Mary, moving at the speed of justice,” if Mary is a lawyer, or “Mike, the special of the day is speed,” if Mike is a chef." -BARNABY FEDER

"In addition to employment-related comments, the signs will affirm the driver’s favorite things about their car and driving habits (“Turns are made to be carved”), urge them to treat themselves to whatever customization feature is on their wish list (“You’ve earned your spoiler”) and wish them a happy birthday on the appropriate day. Since more than a third of Mini owners have named their cars, the messages will sometimes refer to the car by name." -BARNABY FEDER

...how cool is that? way to be a head of the game.

can i please work for you now mini?

1 comment:

Katie said...

A few things:

DOes that sign say "Hi Kate"? It's like it's speaking to me.

I LOVE that article about Omaha. Not just because I work at the French Cafe, I hang out at the 9'r and I know those Saddle Creek artisits. It's because Omaha is under-appreciated and reading something like that makes me love it even more.

Lastly, I bought Maria Taylor's new cd today, Lynn Teeter Flower. Amazing! You should come with me to an Art In Manila show sometime!