Tuesday, September 19, 2006
this one goes out to my ladies...
today i found myself in an all to familiar place.
a place i have actually dreamt of.
a place where handbags were involved in these dreams can actually become reality for a poor girl like me.
a place some, cough- molly and jimmy- hear me speak of and crindge.
a place i have gone probably one to many times, but not enough to keep me from returning every other tuesday.
i simply call it 'my purse guy or purse day.'
it is scribbled in my planner and i set my phone to remind me on special weeks.
this week i had birthday money to blow- so i did both of the above mentioned things.
my 'purse guy' can get me anything i want.
he goes to ny and hongkong regularly and works on trades.
which was great when i worked for lancome...i traded many things to get new bags and sunglasses.
my past obsession was prada.
i have 5 prada bags (four black and one hot pink) and love them all.
i have 1 fendi and marc jacobs (this is not counting the coach i gave to my mom...that my sister took and some punk stole from her.)
and pairs of gucci, chanel and dolce and gabbana sunglasses.
anyways today i went on a mission and i found it.
a glorious teal chloe' paddington bag.
he threw in a pair of white and pink dior glasses- for my birthday...
he might be a somewhat scary man- who never fails to say you can't pay in lapdances everytime...
but i can't resist the thrill of searching for a new desinger imposter handbag in the heaps of bags in his livingroom- and finding that perfect one.
the rules are simple there, if you are smart enough to learn them...
1. if you are halfway interested in something- grab it and don't let go...until you do have enough time to decide.
2. cash is king--unless you are with me and promise not to write bad checks
3. don't take the first price he tells you...its probably off a few hundred dollars...he barters- don't play dumb or be dumb and pay $300.
4. don't take him up on the lapdance... no matter how hard you are up for a purse.
5. if you really want it- be quiet...he will give it to you.
6. go back and see him- he always remembers you and gives you a deal...sometimes free things. (3 pairs of earings, 2 pairs of sunglasses and a purse...if he loves you)
7. don't park in the drive way you will get parked in by the lunch ladies craze- they are nuts and won't move their cars.
basically, its a goodtime and always a good story.
be strong and go for the gold-
or black purse its always classy.