Saturday, September 23, 2006

Do you know the way to San Jose?



Honeymoons anyone??

What is a honeymoon?

American Heritage Dictionary defines it as follows:

hon‧ey‧moon  [huhn-ee-moon] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a vacation or trip taken by a newly married couple.
2. the month or so following a marriage.
3. any period of blissful harmony: Their entire 60 years of marriage was one long honeymoon.
4. any new relationship characterized by an initial period of harmony and goodwill: The honeymoon between Congress and the new president was over.
–verb (used without object)
5. to spend one's honeymoon (usually fol. by in or at).
[Origin: 1540–50; honey + moon]

----
So where to go?

Well- we didn't know where to go.

We wanted to go to Europe-since I visited last spring I'm in love with everything about it...But let's face it-its freezing in Jan.

So I wanted somewhere warm. But I didn't want to go somewhere with tons of gawking tourist, I hate that. And we want to save up for Europe, to hopefully get there this summer...So I started asking around. I wanted somewhere fresh and hip.

My cousin Jim, said something about Austin- and I have always wanted to go there...One of the indie music meccas of the world. So he looked into it more for me. He heard about this cool place called the Hotel San Jose.
Link







I'm in love. It's perfect.






Very simple and modern but has Texas charm. An 'ultra hip urban bungalow-style hotel.' Sounds good to me. And you can rent a manual Remington Rand typewriter, Polaroid cameras, I will be blogging old school- and scanning them in when I get home. You can also rent music, movies and old fashion bikes from the hotel. How cool is that?







And they have a ubber cool courtyard lounge that has cheese trays (Joel is obsessed with cheese lately- how perfect) with wine and beer! I love it!! They also host Rock n' Reels: They have bands play on Thursday nights in the parking lots then the band picks a movie and they show a movie hour later...Bring your own chair and rock out dude...How neat. They even have a coffee shop and art gallery.




I might just move into this place forever!!!



I can't wait to be honeymooning...



No comments: