Sunday, January 31, 2010
how to make a fanciful giant cupcake
1. get the giant cupcake pan. mine is nordic ware from williams sonoma (thanks dad).
2. make the cake. today i made mr. joels favorite- yellow cake- for his birthday!
3. pour cake into both halves leaving .5 inch of extra room at the top.
4. cook for 70 minutes at 325.
5. flip the cake out of the pan onto a cooling rack to cool for 2 hours.
6. put back into pan and saw off the extra cake so it will be even when stacked.
7. add frosting on the top of the base of the cupcake. this will act like the glue holding it together.
8. frost the top of the cupcake.
9. add sprinkles and a 'cherry on top' my cherry is wilton's new sparkle gel.
(happy early birthday mr joel.)