Monday, March 21, 2011
Food Blog 3: Green chili cream cheese chicken enchiladas
Tonight's food blog goes out to the recently engaged (congrats!!) Miss Erin Cron! At her request:
Danelle's famous green chili cream cheese chicken enchiladas!
* 1/2 pound cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup green salsa
* 1- 4oz can of green chilies
* 4 (6 ounce) packages seasoned cooked chicken cubes
* 3 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
* 1 tablespoon chipotle spice (I love Penzeys Spices)
* 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
* 1- 10 oz can of green chili enchilada sause
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Stir together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa until blended. Fold in chicken and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Evenly divide the filling among the tortillas, and roll into firm cylinders. Place into prepared baking dish and cover with remaining sauce and shredded cheese.
3. Bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
4. Shake up a margarita and enjoy!
I enjoy with guacamole, chips, mexican rice and black beans.