Monday, April 11, 2011

Food Blog 6: Mama's Goulash Remixed



  • This food blog goes out Liz Clausen who requested this recipe. 

    Inspired by meeting Elizabeth Gillbert, the witty author of Eat, Pray, Love, I decided to take my mom's classic Goulash recipe and doctor it up to be a little more italian. (I also had to sneak in the fresh basil and mozzarella that I had just bought...) This is a quick and hearty meal that is sure to please. 

    Ingredients

  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 1/2 cups pasta- I used rigatoni here
  • 1 quart stewed plum tomatoes- diced
  • 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
  • A few fresh mozzarella pearls
  • A few leaves of fresh basil- diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Salt as needed

Directions

  1. Bring water to boil and add in pasta and cook as directed then drain.
  2. In large saucepan brown ground chuck, drain.
  3. Stir pasta and browned grounds beef together with tomatoes, garlic, pepper, basil, macaroni and mozzarella. 
  4. Eat and be happy.

sidebar: how rad is it that she signed my new cookbook!? I love that she wrote Eat, Eat, Eat! I loved meeting her. I told her my favorite parts of her book was the food (the pizza in Italy to be specific) and how I long to go to Italy! She signed my cookbook and said I hope you do go!
This is my secret photo of her that I took with my cell phone. I was super disappointed that her table had a bunch of signs that said 'no photos'...so being the rebelrouser I am- I snuck this one. 

No comments: