Tuesday, July 31, 2007

the mac miracle...


this is a true story:

let me take you back to the month of december. one week before the wedding.
the diskdrive in my 'polly' the powerbook g4 goes out.
the warrenty went out a few weeks before...real convienient

apple bascially says- sorry you are out of luck...pay us tons of money and we will fix it...
i say- noway jose- i'll fix it myself.

fast forward to july...
months after i have poked and proded that laptop to get that dang drive to work again, priced out getting it fixed, racked my apple friends brains, looked at parts ect...

days of whining and crying that i need to put cd's into my laptop or burn a cd, ect...

im getting ready to order something online and ask joel for a credit card.

he's a smart alick as usual and puts it into the diskdrive...
and i hear a quiet 'click'...

i hold my breath and move it around a bit...
'click click' with every motion.

i say- 'joel- i think you fixed it...'
i then run and get a cd and hold my breath as i push it in...

YESS!!!!! 'IT'S A MIRACLE!!' i yell feverishly with 100 giggles to back it up.

i then proceed to jump up and down and scream 'THANK YOU GOD!'

he knew i needed that little drive...i think he just knew how much work he saved me from burning wedding cds over the past 8 months and was looking out for me...haha.

...well that's how i like to see it.

thanks big guy for my mac miracle.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Just needed a little mastercard lovin.