Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Paradise by the dashboard confessional light...


:summer 2001:
screaming infidelities comes on the radio

me: i love this song.
joel: yah its pretty good.

a week later in his truck:

me: hey! you got this cd.
joel: yah i got it from josh.

i knew i loved him right then i think. he noticed i loved a song and made sure to have it playing the next time i rode with him.

xoxo to mr joel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have had a little crush on chris carrabba ever since he was in my all time favorite band further seems forever (fsf).

then he left them and started his own band called dashboard confessional.

i got the chance to interview further seems forever in kc when i was doing my tv show like 4 years ago. i asked them about chris and they said 'off the record' that he turned into an ass. that he canceled all of the fsf shows and took them for his own tour. yah- not a cool thing to do to your friends.

but i cant deny that cute face my love.

his lyrics have helped me to stew in my own feelings of broken heartiness in high school. i screamed along with so much passion until i would lose my voice. i listened to that swiss army romance cd until it was so scratched that it wouldn't play in my cd player without skipping every other word...but i would keep on singing along whole heartily.

i love him and his whinny passion more and more everytime i hear him sing.

and i get to see him again tonight in concert with brand new. another band i adore.

brand new reminds me of my sophomore year in college. a cold cold winter in the little blue car blaring their cd singing as i skidded across omaha back and forth from the dorms to joels parents house.

i thank mr joel for the tickets to the show and am glad to see chris in town again. i am preparing myself now for the screaming sing-a-long and for joel to tell me to calm down.

one of my favorites- its not fair to choice favorites when you love them all- but this one reminds me of being young and only wanting to be 21-its funny that now im past 21, its not as cool as i thought it would be. check out the last lines- its where i scream the loudest:

"The Swiss Army Romance"

Sleep with all the lights on.
You're not so happy.
You're not secure.
You're dying to look cute in your blue jeans,
but you're plastic just like everyone.
You're just like everyone.
And that face you paint is pressed
impressing most of us as permanent
and I'd like to see you undone.
College night will draw the crowds.
Dorms unload & your heading out.
Here is your moment to shine.

Making up a history.
It's nothing from the life you lead
but man, will they buy all your lines.

Sleep with all the sheets off
bearing your mattress
bearing your soul.
And you're dying to look smooth with your tattoos
but you're searching just like everyone
could be anyone.
And the friends that you have are the best
impressing most of us as permanent
and I'd like to see you undone.
Youth's the most unfaithful mistress.
Still we forge ahead to miss her.
Rushing our moment to shine.

Making up a history,
It's nothing from the life you lead
but man will they buy all your lines.

We're not twenty-one,
but the sooner we are,
the sooner the fun will begin,
so get out your fake eyelashes,
and fake i.d's,
& real disasters ensue,
it's cool to take these chances.
It's cool to fake romances
& grow up fast.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I used to think it was cool to grow up fast. Now I'm not so sure. I'm a grown up. An immature one, but never the less, a grown up. I'm ready to grow down for a while.

Sing the words at the top of your little lungs Danelle. Sing away.